Lecturer in International Relations; Associate Member, Oriental Institute.
Faculty / College Address:
Oriental Institute / Corpus Christi College / St Antony's College
- Middle East Politics (countries: Iran, the Gulf states, Egypt, Israel/Palestine)
- Human rights and Democratization
- Political Psychology
- The application of Social Contract Theory in the Middle Eastern context
- Diagnosing state psychopathy, split-brain politics, and other ‘disorders’ in international relations
Graduate (Modern Middle East Studies MPhil):
- Politics in the Middle East
- The Politics of Human Rights in the Middle East
- International Relations (214)
- International Relations in the Era of the Cold War (213)
- International Relations in the Era of Two World Wars (212)
- Politics in the Middle East (211)
Special Subjects in Politics:
- International Security and Conflict
- International Relations of Afghanistan
- ‘Reconceptualizing Resistance and Reform in the Middle East,’ Chap. 2, in Fawaz Gerges, ed., Contentious Politics in the Middle East (London: Palgrave Macmillan, September 2015).
- 'Prospects for a Regional Human Rights Regime in the Middle East,' Chap. 6, in Simon Bennett, ed., London Debates 2011: The Future of Human Rights in a Non-Western World, (London: School of Advanced Study, 2012).
- Articles on openDemocracy. https://www.opendemocracy.net/author/mishana-hosseinioun
My research projects benefit from my work in the field as both a practitioner and theorist through intimate involvement via my global consultancy MH Group in live political cases from Libya to South Korea and close dealings with such international bodies as the United Nations Human Rights Council, the International Criminal Court and African Commission and Court of Human Rights.